Tuesday, April 24, 2007

4.24.07

Dear Father God,

Today I must follow Thy Son, it is without any doubt my calling, and should be my zealous joy. I confess that the days are yet filled with peril, and especially with distractions and pleasures in my wealthy country. Mercifully do please expose my apathy and even my hypocrisy regarding Thy will.

Lord, Thou dost cause all things to work together for good for Thy children. Even so I ask that Thee today to cause many, many things to work together for good, for salvation for the countless unbelievers, including those near to me.

I especially remember my friend C____, and all those who live in lands not of their earthly birthplaces. Help them to see that we are all journeying toward new and everlasting destinations, and that we have a choice to make regarding Thee. Give them powerful proof of Thy omnipresence and agape love for all Thou hast made.

Lord, please continue to send out the gospel, and to equip the preachers, and teachers, and prophets, and all who will faithfully and holily give Thy Word, the true Bread of Life of the lives of the unsaved of our earth. Correct all Thy servants who may stray from Thy will.

I pray for those who suffer, and suffer greatly, wars, violence, disease, injury and famine. Miraculously take away any bitterness and even their afflictions. Help them to cry out to you for relief.

Lord Jesus Christ, Thou hast proclaimed a day when no man shall be able to work. Please Lord, may it not be found in this time to be so.

Amen.

No comments: