Monday, October 1, 2007


Revival or Arousal?

I have wanted to see "revival". Yet I have not much admired the “revival” meetings that are frequently scheduled in various places. I have believed that God would bring "revival" according to His schedule.

The word "revival" does not occur in the King James Version, or in the Complete Jewish Bible, or in the Amplified Bible, or in Young’s Literal Translation. I am no longer looking for "revival" - but we have liberty to live. Or shall we sleep?

Revelation 3:1-6 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. (2) Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God. (3) Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee. (4) Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy. (5) He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. (6) He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Has our Master’s letter to Sardis has been overlooked? Shall we strengthen that which is ready to die? I am persuaded that Yeshua is not only referring to the spiritually dead (verse 1), but is also referring to those who are dutifully and faithfully going to die a martyrs death for the sake of His name (verse 2). These are not dead, but are weak, and which of us is not weak? We need the strength of the Savior, that in the Spirit of Elohim we be set apart as becoming, acceptable, living sacrifices which the children of lawlessness will slaughter. No matter how long we desire to live in our clay vessels for the Master, if our flesh is mortified, and our works are perfect, we are ready for the harvest!

Mark 4:26-29 And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; (27) And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. (28] For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. (29) But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.

We are not meant to live forever in these clay vessels. There is no more valuable life to live that that which pleases God, and serves His people. Yet when this life is lived, it will be hated by the lawless ones.

John 15:18-27 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. (19) If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. (20) Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. (21) But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. (22) If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin. (23) He that hateth me hateth my Father also. (24) If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. (25) But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause. (26) But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: (27) And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Mark 4:26-29 And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground; (27) And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how. (28] For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear. (29) But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.

O children of God, please don’t resist Him, please return to Him and stay. Let His fruit be nourished and grow, and bountifully remain on each branch of you. And do not fear the “grim reaper”. Those who will destroy the clay vessel, are they not those who destroy the earth? If they refuse your good news, which the Almighty has given to you, they have put themselves in a peril which can never touch your everlasting life.

Awake, Awake, Awake. Awake!!! You who sleep: Awake. You are not dead, and though you are weak, His strength is overflowing in His faithfulness to your faithfulness to enable your service (ministry) and witness (spiritual identity) to again be lively according to the lively hope that is in you by His grace.

Isaiah 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

( I have written a letter I must now heed)

No comments: